Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Outlook notes on desktop

Credit to http://www.onetipaday.com/2006/10/15/how-to-save-put-outlook-notes-on-your-desktop

I often use the Microsoft Outlook Notes to store To-Do lists that are not related to work. I discovered this great tip a few months which allows me to put my notes on my desktop, and I love it as it means I can access my notes without having to open up Outlook.

To create a note in Outlook:

1. On the File menu, point to New, and then click Note.
2. Type the text of the note.
3. To close the note, click the × in the upper-right corner of the note.

Then to put the notes on your desktop do the following:

1. Right-click the desktop, point to New, and click Shortcut.
2. In the Type the location of the item box, type the following path: “C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX\OUTLOOK.EXE” /c ipm.stickynote (note OfficeXX - XX needs to be replaced with your version of Office.
3. Click Next, name the shortcut, and then click Finish.

Now, when you double-click the shortcut, an Outlook note will appear on your desktop.

No comments: