Monday, May 08, 2006

Parse Error When adding new Web pages to application

I am banging my head on this one... All of my other Web forms work fine but now...

I am getting the following error when adding new Web forms to my application:

I just added simple Web form with Hello World typed on the page.

Server Error in '/XXX.QuipSap.WebUi' Application.



Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load type 'XXX.QuipSap.WebUi.TestForm'.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ Page Language="vb" AutoEventWireup="false" Codebehind="TestForm.aspx.vb" Inherits="XXX.QuipSap.WebUi.TestForm"%>
Line 2:
Line 3:

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\XXX.QuipSap.WebUi\TestForm.aspx Line: 1


SOLUTION:
OK as crazy as a solution that this sounds, but I am not to happy with the solution but it works.

When I create add a new Web form I just remove the inherits part from the first line of the aspx page. If I add labels or buttons and double click on them VS.NET 2003 adds back the inherits and magically (HMM I say magically because if I knew what was fixing it I would not be writting this) fixes the issue.

No comments: